Hi again :). Today all I seem to want to do is bake cookies and blog. Since my Earth Balance supply is running a bit low, I decided to go with the latter. Of course that really means I will just postpone the baking; nothing can stop me when I have the baking itch!
In fact, today I have another recipe to share. Pumpkin, hummus, and pizza?! Yes, my friends, I went there. It may seem like an unlikely combination, but just trust me on this one. The idea originally came from one of my blends (blogger + friends) that is unfortunately not blogging anymore. In her memory, I hope to keep this delicious combination around. It is great as a quick savory snack by using small tortillas, like the Food for Life Sprouted Corn Tortillas I used here.
I also love it as a meal when served on a larger tortilla with more substantial toppings (tofu/tempeh, seitan, chickpeas, chopped veggie burgers, and nooch are all great protein sources) and a salad.
Anyway, no matter what time of day, this pizza is just the right combination of sweet (pumpkin), creamy (hummus), savory (italian herbs), and fresh (chopped veggies). It is no wonder I keep coming back for more!
Pumpkin Hummus Tortilla Pizza
1 snack-sized pizza
- 2 TBS canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 TBS hummus
- water, to thin
- 1/2 tsp italian herbs (I used Penzy’s Pasta Sprinkle)
- small handful spinach (~1/3 cup)
- 1/4 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 baby carrots, chopped
- 3 broccoli flowrets, chopped
- other veggies & toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Mix together pumpkin and hummus, adding water as needed to thin sauce to desired consistency (the amount you add will depend on the thickness of your hummus).
- Spread a generous layer of sauce on tortilla.
- Place spinach ontop of sauce.
- Pile the tortilla high with toppings.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Place tortilla pizza on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until desired tortilla crispiness has been reached.
- Cut into slices with a pizza cutter (optional) and enjoy!
Questions: what’s your favorite unlikely combination?