Carrot Cake Cookies
Makes 1-1/2 dozen cookies
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 flax or chia seed egg (1 TBS flax meal + 3 TBS hot water + ~3-5 minutes to gel)
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup grated carrots (about 1 large carrot)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the Earth Balance (or coconut oil), brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in flax seed egg and vanilla extract, beating for another minute.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the bowl. Once incorporated, mix in grated carrots, walnuts, raisins, and coconut. Mix until well combined.
- Using a small ice cream or spoon, scoop batter into ~2TBS balls and flatten on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-17, or until cookies start to turn golden and firm up.
- Remove cookies from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a big glass of coconut milk. Yum!