Happy Earth Day, everyone! As far as holidays go, I wish Earth Day was more celebrated. The Earth provides so much for us and deserves to be recognized. Sure, you give a bouket of flowers to your loved ones on Valentines day, but why not try givining a bunch of kale instead? I know I’d be a happy recipient.
If there’s one thing I truly believe in, it’s that every little thing eco-concious we do can make a difference. Here a just a few of my favorite simple eco-friendly tips:
- Turn off lights when you don’t need them
- Unplug chargers when they’re not in use
- Brush your teeth with the faucet turned of
- Use recyclable bags instead of plastic or paper
- Buy in bulk to save on packaging and waste (you can buy only what you need)
- Recycle. Recycle. Recycle.
- Combine driving trips/errands and carpool when possible
- Wash your clothes in cold water instead of hot
- Use a clothes line to dry your clothes in the summer
- Check your thermostat in the winter, lowering it by just a degree or two (this is a biggie—you’ll even see the proof on your gas bill!)
- Carry a recyclable water bottle with you at all times
It all adds up. But what can we do to take that extra step? This Earth Day, I promise to not only lessen by eco-strain, but also make strides to actually reverse it. Whether that means helping to plant trees, or something else, I’m going to do my best to find more ways to take that next step. So what do you say? Will you do it with me?
Questions: what’s your favorite way to be good to the Earth? And if you could thank “Mother Earth” for something, what would it be?
Have a lovely Earth day!