It’s Monday, and although I had a wonderful weekend, I’m not quite ready to start the work week yet (but really, who is?). I definitely had a lot of fun, but driving 200+ miles in one day and not having time to make up my lost sleep from the week definitely took its toll. Obvisously, it’s just “one of those day.”
Fond memories of playing with my 3-year-old cousin and lounging on the beach at my cottage are what’s keeping me going. Nothing like a smile to start your day off right. And for those days when you just need a little something extra special, who says you can’t have a chocolate cupcake for breakfast? With such awesome nutritional stats and delicious taste, this single-serve healthy protein-packed cupcake is sure to be indulgently delightful while keeping you satisfied all morning long. Oh, and did I mention it takes under 5 minutes to make? I don’t know about you, but that’s perfect for when I’m feeling rushed but don’t want to compromise my breakfast because of it.
Microwave Chocolate Protein Cupcake
- 3 TBS protein powder (I use Bob’s Red Mill Hemp Protein) (20g)
- 1 TBS cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash cinnamon
- 1 flax egg (1 TBS ground flax seed + 3 TBS warm water + ~3 minutes to gel)
- 2 tsp unsweetened applesauce
- ~ 2 TBS almond milk (this amount will depend on your protein powder)
- sweetener of choice, to taste (I use NuNaturals stevia)
- Grease a tall mug with cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray).
- In a small bowl, combine protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add flax “egg,” applesauce, almond milk, and sweetener. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into greased mug.
- Microwave for ~4.5 minutes. (This will depend on your protein powder and microwave.)
- Remove from mug and cool.