Oh hey there! Remember me? It’s just your friendly
neighborhood blogosphere Kabochavore popping in for a visit.
Senior year + college apps have had me absolutely swamped with work. But you know the best part? Being able to do it with a smile on my face. Eating well, getting enough sleep, and taking care of my body+mind (I’m looking at you, yoga) has helped a ton. I may not have been posting often, but you better believe I have been thinking about you all.
And as much as I know you all can totally relate to (purple) sweet potato love, after the 4th time of eating them in a matter of a few days I figured my meals would lose a little bit of interest. But just as I can’t stop eating the sweeties, I’ve also been hooked on green monster smoothies and oatmeal blueberry pancakes. Last week I had them every day. Yes, every. single. day.
I never once tired of them. In fact, I might even know what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow. Now that’s my love, my friends.
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Flax Blueberry Pancakes
- 1/4 cup GF all-purpose flour (30 grams) (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup GF rolled oats (24 grams) (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 flax egg (1 TBS flax meal + 3 TBS hot water + stirring + a few minutes to gel)
- 2 TBS unsweetened applesauce
- 2-3 TBS almond milk (depending on how thick you like your pancakes—> start with 1-2)
- sweetener, to taste (if desired)
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat on the stove. Grease with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Combine flour, oats, cinnamon, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Add in flax egg, applesauce, almond milk, and sweetener (if desired).
- Stir in blueberries.
- Place spoonfuls of batter on the hot skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the batter bubbles and turns darker. Flip and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy with fresh fruit, maple syrup, or whatever your heart desires. They’re even great cold at school, eaten like a snack of pancake “cookies!”