Is it really Sunday already? Where has the week gone?!
I’ve been a busy bee this week and even more so during the weekend! Even though chilling out with school books, pencils, and a calculator isn’t exactly my idea of fun, it feels oh so good to get things done. Mission accomplished.
Now that most of my homework is done, today I have plans to sleep in, be a tour guide for my school’s open house, practice yoga, and prepare meals for the week. If I’m lucky, there might even be some Modern Family watching involved. Have any of you seen the new episode that aired this week?
Anyway, since it’s Sunday, I thought it would be fun to do a little week + weekend recap inspired by Bonzai Aphrodite. My new camera had to take a little break this week because of the darkness problem (a light box is hopefully in my future!), but I plan to take full advantage of the sun tomorrow. Look out for a post on my recipe of the week!
[Still rocking out the Christmas tree!]
Le Love List:
- Adorable alumni. The highlight of my week was definitely meeting an alumni that graduated from my school in 1936. (That makes him 95!) I helped him find his name on a stone pillar in the alumni courtyard and talked to him about his experience in the early days in my school. The look on his face when he saw the field he played football on so many years ago was absolutely priceless. Love.
- Cooking with my grandmother. My grandmother instilled her love of cooking in me at a young age. Although I’m the “radical vegan” in the family, my grandmother is embracing vegan cooking for herself now, too. Black bean + rice bowls are becoming an easy favorite. They’re delicious, but what I truly love is the time with grandmother and the interest she shows in what I’m so passionate about. Love.
- Gum. Truth be told, I have a thing for gum. It’s definitely one of my vices, but that’s okay. Chewing + blowing bubbles really helps me focus for some reason. With my busy schedule, I need all the help I can get. Love.
- Yoga. Yoga makes me smile, and so does this video. Love.
- Mama Pea’s Zee Bars. I know what I’m making tomorrow!
What’s on your love list this weekend?
Have a lovely day!