Some things are just better left au naturale.
Case in point: since making my college decision, my mom and I keep joking about the Californification process. I’m already apart of USC’s Class of 2016 Facebook page (900 members strong so far!), so I have an idea of the personality of my class. One thing I’ve noticed: at least 80% of the girls are blond. My mom half-teases me that I’ll join that number soon enough.
While I can’t say I’m not curious about what I’d look like as a blonde, I really do love my natural hair color and would hate to lose it. Who knows, maybe as a brunette, I’ll stand out in the crowd (for better or for worse).
What I do know, however, is that I am happy with who I am. If I feel like changing my hair color (or anything else for that matter), it will be for fun, not because I feel like I have to in order to fit in.
Just like with these vegan banana donuts, some things are better just left au naturale. You can dress them up with a simple glaze, dip them in chocolate, or just leave them as is. No matter what, they will still be the same wonderfully delicious donuts inside. And that’s what counts.
Vegan Banana Donuts
Makes 6 donuts
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBS flour (can use All-Purpose Gluten-free)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 bananas, mashed (should yield a little more than 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup oil (coconut is lovely here, but canola will work)
- 1 TBS Ener-G Egg Replacer + 4 TBS water, prepared according to directions on box
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Coat donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine mashed bannas, oil, prepared egg replacer, vanilla extract, and sugar with a fork until evenly incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Evenly distribute batter among 6 donut cavities. (I recommend using a small ice cream scooper for this.)
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the donut comes out clean.
- Let donuts rest in pan for ~5 minutes before removing. Place on wire rack to cool.